the Healthy Southern Illinois Delta Network believes that if we all work together to assure the physical, mental and social health and well-being of our children, many of the other resources available on the community resources page will become unnecessary as our children grow into healthy, happy adults.
Southern Illinois Guide to Home Visiting and Other Parenting Supports for Families of Young Children (12/18) - Home Visiting Programs give expectant families and families of young children, particularly those with limited resources and support, the necessary resources and skills to raise children who are physically, socially, and emotionally healthy and ready to learn.
- Ages & Stages Questionaires (ASQ) - This is a valuable online developmental screening tool designed to provide the best start for your child by helping you keep track of your child's development. Provided through collaboration by the Southern Illinois Coalition for Children & Families and John A. Logan College Child Care Resource & Referral (CCR&R).
- All Kids - All Kids is Illinois' program for children who need comprehensive, affordable, health insurance, regardless of immigration status or health condition.
- Birthing Center - A service provided by SIH.
- CATCH onto Health! - Coordinated Approach to Child Health
- CDC Infant and Toddler Nutrition
- CENTERSTONE Early Head Start - FLYER - HANDOUT - APPLICATION - Serving pregnant women and children from birth to age three in Franklin and Williamson Counties.
- Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) at John A. Logan College
- Child Development Information - Provided by SIFAMILIES.ORG.
- Emmi® Online Prenatal, Childbirth and Neonatal Education - Emmi® programs are FREE web-based presentations that take complex medical information and make it easy for you and your family to understand. You can view these programs online for free, and share them with your friends and family.
- EverThrive Illinois works to improve the health of women, children, and families over the lifespan.
- Illinois DCFS Sunshine Website - Resource for anyone interested in licensed childcare in Illinois.
- Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services
- InsureKidsNow.gov - Medicaid and CHIP offer free or low-cost health insurance for kids and teens.
- Mama Needs - Who knows what Mama needs . . . . . Mama (and Papa) does!
- Maternity Services provided by Heartland Regional Medical Center.
- MEND (Mind, Exercise, Nutrition, Do it!) Program - We can help you and your child develop a healthy lifestyle that lasts a lifetime.
- Opioid State and National Fact Sheets - America's Opioid Crisis: The Unseen Impact on Children
- Pregnancy Matters - Provides free and confidential services that include pregnancy tests, limited ultrasound service, emotional support, pregnancy education, and assistance with maternity and baby items such as clothing, diapers, formula and other important items for baby.
- Prevent Child Abuse (PCA) Illinois - Established in 1990, PCA Illinois provides key leadership for child abuse prevention in Illinois and is actively involved in prevention education and public awareness, community outreach, public policy advocacy, and promotion of effective prevention programs.
- SIFamiliesConnect - In addition to resources for children birth to age 5, this excellent web site has information for our community members af all ages and a great listing of upcoming child and family events.
- SIU Head Start - Program designed to serve children three to five years of age from families qualifying for Head Start throughout Jackson and Williamson Counties.
- Southern Illinois Coalition for Children & Families - Engaging Families & Communities for Stronger Beginnings.
- Specialized Care for Children - UIC’s Division of Specialized Care for Children (DSCC) is a statewide program that serves Illinois families with children age birth to 21 who have, or are suspected of having, a chronic medical condition in one of 11 eligible impairment categories.
- The Night's Shield - The Night’s Shield is a private, non-profit organization that provides a Children's Crisis Shelter program that serves families from all over the state of Illinois.
- WIC Program - WIC Office Locator by County - Region 5 WIC Offices - WIC is a food assistance program for Women, Infants, and Children. It helps pregnant women, new mothers and young children eat well and stay healthy.
- WIC Outreach Flyer - Easy to read flyer (English & Spanish) with the most current income guideline for the program.
Back to "Resources"