Obesity & Weight Loss Resources
Obesity is a serious, complex, life-shortening and poorly understood disease. It is also the most common major chronic illness in the Western world. Today, an estimated two-thirds of American adults are overweight or obese – a number that has doubled since 1980 (click here for additional information).
- "Lose to Gain" Healthy Weight Program - PDF Brochure - A program provided by Shawnee Health Service.
- MEND Program - Mind, Exercise, Nutrition, Do it! - Evidence based program to help you and your child develop a healthy lifestyle that lasts a lifetime. - A program provided by Shawnee Health Service.
- New Life Weight Loss Center - A weight loss surgery program provided by Herrin Hospital.
- SI Medical Weight Loss - Overseen by physicians and dietitians, SI Medical Weight Loss offers group sessions and individual consultations to develop a comprehensive treatment plan tailored to you.
- Weight Watchers - A program with proven results. Find a meeting near you.
- Obesity Action Coalition - Organizes and supports those with obesity for the purpose of advocacy, legislation reform, etc.
*Weight loss comes from learning to balance healthy eating and exercise, and there's a lot to learn! But only YOU can decide how that will work for you. Please see our "Healthy Eating Resources" and "Physical Activity Resources" pages as you explore your options.
Back to "Resources"