- Aging Resource Center Bridge Program - Bridging the path between hospital and home. Provided by Shawnee Alliance for Seniors.
- About Assisted Living.org - We work to provide information in an effort to help the disabled and elderly maximize their healthy years and age gracefully.
- Caring.com - A leading online destination for those seeking information and support as they care for aging parents, spouses, and other loved ones. Available resources in Illinois.
- MERS/Goodwill Senior Community Service Employment Program - Community service and work based training program for low-income persons 55 or older who are unemployed and have poor employment prospects.
- Resources Guides for Local Social Services - Courtesy of Egyptian Area Agency on Aging.
- Second Act - A free program sponsored by Southern Illinois Healthcare for adults, age 50 and beyond. The program aims to expand the lifestyle of its members by providing healthy living tips, social activities and much more.
- Senior Life Solutions - A service of Pinckneyville Community Hospital.
- Seniors Living with Disabilities - Help for Older Adults with Disabilities. Provided by the Assisted Living Research Institute.
According to research, seniors who volunteer live longer, healthier, happier lives. Here's specific information about volunteering as a senior.
- Become a Volunteer at one of three Southern Illinois Healthcare locations.
- How to Volunteer as a Senior - Information provided by AgingInPlace.
- Retired & Senior Volunteer Program of Southern Illinois (RSVP of SI)
Back to "Resources"